Saturday, February 28, 2009

On the back burner


With a month gone by since my last post, I'm making a formal decision to put Cuisine Quotidienne on the back burner.

Those of you who have followed this blog probably know that it has been something of a struggle. I have plenty of ideas for a blog about everyday French cooking -- in other words, this blog -- but the labor-intensive aspect of food blogging has definitely gotten the best of my good intentions.

I'll try to drop in here once a month or so, just to keep the place alive.

And remember, I do have two other Blogger blogs: La France Profonde, where I may end up posting a few food-oriented articles, as well as And So Forth, a catch-all blog which is becoming more important to me.

Until then -- bon appétit!

8 comments:

spacedlaw said...

Grumble.

Betty C. said...

Oh, I know. And it's not like I haven't been cooking -- I just don't feel like writing about it for the moment, and I have a lot of other projects going on, so...

eleonora said...

Je diffuse mon commentaire en copier/coller : j'organise sur mon blog, un concours " Les recettes pour les enfants ". Que ce soit vos enfants ou vos petits-enfants, ils seront les bienvenus. J'attends vos participations.!!!!! A bientôt

myfrenchkitchen said...

I know what you mean and have complete understanding!!
Be well and hope to see you once in a while!
Ronell

Betty C. said...

Thanks for your comment Ronell.

Food blogging is just so labor-intensive; I don't have that kind of time or desire to do it at the moment.

I do think I will try to post here at least once a month, just to keep the blog alive, though.

All the best! said...

Hello Betty, I just discovered your blog today and was sad to see that you've put it on the back burner a couple of weeks ago :(

I'm originally from Yakima WA and we lived in France for about 14 years. We are live-aboard sailers currently in St. Martin, French West Indies, Caribbean.

We used to live on the French canals and we love them so much that we now promote Barge cruises to share this fabulous way to see France from another angle.

I know how time-consuming blogging is, plus you have other things to do... what a concept!

I'll look at your other blogs. Take care and enjoy France.

My last visit was 2003 and we are looking forward to sailing back to France in the next couple of years. We really miss it.

All the best!
Sheila
All About Boats, So It Goes... blog
Barging blog

eleonora said...

Coucou Betty, j'ai changé de plate-forme. Voici le nouveau lien :http://blogs.cotemaison.fr/aufildemesrevesdamour/
Nous allons avoir le week-end prochain le sommet de l'Otan à Strasbourg et la visite de votre président Obama..La ville est déjà en état de siège et je ne te dis pas vendredi...J'aurai bien voulu le voir, mais bon...Passe une bonne fin de dimanche et à bientôt.

eleonora said...

Que Pâques ouvre ses volets sur un printemps rempli de joies et de bienfaits.
Meilleurs vœux de bonheur en cette fête pascale !
Affectueusement